10. Never Goes Out of Style: The definition of vintage is 20 years or older. If your vintage item is 20+ years old and still fits your decor, style, etc… then it’s going to stay in style.
9. New Life for Old Items: So many vintage items can serve double duty. Example; Luggage can be used for travel, stylish storage, as end tables, art, a cat bed, etc… (see blog post from June 10th for more ideas on how to use vintage luggage)
8. Tells a Story: Each vintage treasure has been previously loved. It’s hard not to love something that, in it’s past life, gave so much joy to someone else
7. Quality: “They don’t make ’em like they used to.” – So true! If an item is 20 + years and it still works, looks good, is functional, stylish, etc… then it’s bound to last at least another 20 year.
6. One -of-a-kind Find: The great thing about vintage is there are very few of each item left in the world. Buy vintage and you won’t see the same thing at your friends house down the street. Purchase vintage clothing and you won’t need to worry about going to a party and seeing someone wearing the same dress.
5. Conversation Starter: Unique, nostalgic, vintage treasures always remind people of a
story = good conversation starter.
4. Memories/Nostalgia: Going along with the above reason, almost every vintage treasure brings back a memory of some sort. Maybe it’s of your Grandmother baking cookies, your mom getting dressed for a party, or your Grandpa reading you a story. No matter what memories are triggered, it’s always nice to reminisce.
3. Support Charities: Many vintage treasures are discovered at donation centers which help out your city. Personally, I find the majority of my finds at Good Will and Salvation Army. It’s a win/win situation – I get a treasure and support the community.
2. Recycling/Reusing: good for Environment! Enough said.
1. Less Expensive: More style and less expensive, what could be better then that? There are plenty of vintage shops on Etsy, like Happy Day Vintage, that sell vintage clothing, housewares, luggage and whatever else you can think of at a wallet friendly cost.
*blog post written by Happy Day Vintage and used with the shop owners permission.